COTA NT has a 12-seater minibus which is used transport seniors to events and activities in Darwin and the surrounding region. Volunteer drivers are required for our bus rosters.
We are recruiting for a new volunteer driver to help support our Multicultural Aged Sponsorship Program (MASP) by driving our (new) 12 seater minibus.
The role requires a driver to pick up a group of seniors in the local Darwin city area (who would otherwise be unable to get out of their homes) and/or take them home after outings. It’s a very important role to the organisation and we highly value our volunteers who undertake it.
We are looking for a volunteer driver who:
- Is patient and caring, particularly with older people who speak English as a second language
- Currently holds a NT Driver Licence. There is NO need for the Light Rigid Licence endorsement
- Is happy to drive a 12 seater mini-bus
- Holds a current OCHRE card and who is prepared to undergo a police check
- Is available for the driving roster on Thursday afternoons (1.30pm start to 3.30pm)