Katu Katu Inc is a not for profit organisation established by a small group of passionate and caring leaders and entrepreneurs. The word Katu Katu means to rise and higher ground in the western desert Aboriginal dialect, Warlpiri language. It is a positive word which is comparative to ‘glass half full’ in English.
At Katu Katu, we work to raise awareness of complex mental health issues. We provide a safe and serene environment for people to disconnect from the stresses of everyday urban life, to share and learn in the natural Australian landscape. The home of Katu Katu Inc is located in the heartland of the famous Yarra Ranges, where we take advantage of the safe and nourishing bushland to organise our workshops. Our programs draw knowledge from the rich and various historic Indigenous cultures from around Australia, native foods, contemporary art, ancient and modern farming practises are all part of the learning and healing process incorporate into our program.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply, depending on the disability.
- You’ll be invited to our farm and to our workshops, including bush walks, foraging native edible plants, creative art workshops.
- You will capture the beauty of nature in our work, to help us create engaging content for our social media channels.
- You will be photographing artworks, landscapes, people, food, and wildlife.
- You are a motivated and passionate person, with strong visual communication skills. Love nature and people.
- Have basic photographic editing skills.
- Able to contribute at least 3 hours per week.
- Preference is given to applicants with their own equipment.
How to apply
Please email us some sample of your previous work together with your CV to [email protected]