Volunteers are required for a Drive Time Mentor Program that provides supervised driving practice to selected refugee and migrant clients.
Lack of access to a car and licenced driver has been identified as a barrier to refugees and migrants receiving their driving licence. An inability to drive and lack of capital to learn to drive has a negative impact upon their independence, social participation and employment opportunities.
All Learner Drivers will have graduated from a Driving School with a minimum of 10 hours already under their belt and have been assessed as being competent enough to progress to the Drive Time Mentoring Program.
About The Role:
- Supervise Learner drivers for a weekly 2 hour (minimum) driving session in provided vehicle
- Advise the Learner how to drive in a safe and legal manner
- Provide constructive feedback
- Maintain administrative record keeping as required
- Book the car through online registration system
- Mandatory training and orientation provided
- Reports directly to Drive Time Project Coordinator
- Police Check and Working with Children Check required
- Hold a current NSW Driver Licence
- Knowledge of current NSW road rules
- Minimum 5 years safe driving record
- Familiarity of the Liverpool LGA
- Ability to work in a respectful and collaborative manner
- Great communication skills with clients who have a limited grasp of the English language
- Computer and organisational skills
- Commitment and reliability
If you would like to be a positive role model and provide a life changing opportunity for our refugee and migrant community, we would love to hear from you!