Share your life experiences and create new memories!
Our Dovetree Aged Care Community located at Sinnamon Park is seeking volunteers to assist with the resident lifestyle program on weekdays between the hours of 9am and 4pm. The program includes a range of fun group activities for residents including:
- Board and Card Games (Thursday afternoon)
- Garden Walks (daily)
- Craft (daily)
- Bingo (Wednesday morning)
- Cinema (Monday and Friday afternoon)
- BBQ (Tuesday lunchtime)
Involvement in group activities or individual visits to residents can be organised. You can also utilise your own skills to facilitate an activity. These activities assist residents with improving fitness levels, promoting a sense of wellbeing and encouraging community connectedness. Most importantly they bring joy and create smiles! The Lifestyle Assistant can assist residents by:
- Escorting residents to and from the morning lifestyle program and assisting as required during the activity program.
- Visiting residents individually.
- Encouraging independence, friendship and fun.
- Being spontaneous and sharing life experiences.
- Providing companionship and a sense of belonging.
- Communicating resident feedback to staff to enhance resident enjoyment.
This volunteering roleis suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm and empathetic manner. Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a difference in the lives of our senior residents while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Volunteering hours at Dovetree are available weekdays (Monday to Friday). Morning and afternoon shifts are available between the hours of 9am and 4pm. Other volunteering hours including individual visits can also be organised.
As an industry leader in aged care, all Wesley Mission Queensland’s aged care communities follow the internationally recognised Eden Alternative™ Philosophy of care. This philosophy places the resident at the core of our work, while empowering and valuing staff, carers and families.
In keeping with this philosophy, Dovetree staff are passionate about empowering residents to make their own life choices and are committed to providing spontaneous and enjoyable experiences for residents and their families.
We look forward to hearing from you!