St John NT strives to provide an opportunity for ALL Territorians to have access to lifesaving first aid skills.
Community Education offer non-accredited first aid skill sessions, with the aim of creating an awareness of first aid skills as lifesaving and to develop these important skills within the community. We provide lessons for childcare, early learning centres, community groups, parents groups, school students of all ages through our First Aid in Schools program, expos and many more. These sessions occur both in person and online.
This position of Community Education Volunteer is primarily responsible for facilitating pre-planned, structured, basic first aid training sessions and ambulance visits to the community for the Community Education department.
- Facilitating non accredited pre-planned First Aid training sessions to community groups including schools, students and adults.
- Facilitating ambulance visits to community groups.
- Facilitating a learning station at community expos.
- Ensure that the delivery methods of training and education are consistent and of high quality, meeting St John Ambulance NT objectives and national First Aid in Schools program.
- Correctly answering general queries from the general public while teaching in the community.
- Ensuring that all equipment is kept up to date and adhering to all safety and hygiene policies.
- General scanning, emailing and/or collecting of documents.
- Ensuring that vehicles used are kept tidy, stock is replaced and any maintenance requirements reported.
- Perform other duties within the Community Education Department.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety at the workplace.
- Take reasonable care that their actions or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Comply, as far as they are reasonably able to, with any reasonable instruction given by the ‘person conducting business or undertaking’ (PCBU) to enable them to comply with WHS laws.
- Report any unsafe conditions or incidents that occur and cooperate with any reasonable policy or procedure of the Person conducting a business or undertaking ‘PCBU’ relating to health or safety at the workplace that has been notified to workers.