You will research, draft and submit grant applications. You will identify collaboration opportunities for grant applications. You will ensure submissions are aligned with our purpose and values. You will be responsible for:
- Researching and identifying grant opportunities nationally
- Studying guidelines, and attending briefing meetings
- Assembling information including objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation
- Writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organisation credentials
- Coordinating submissions and collections, and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals
- Meeting deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal
- Maintaining quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
Skills and experience
With the focus on identifying and writing applications for relevant grants, any of the following skills would be highly regarded:
- Writing skills, including the use of correct grammar and expression
- Technical documentation and layout skills
- Process improvement and coordination
- Interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Deadline-oriented with time management and task prioritisation skills
- Problem solving skills with an ability to work autonomously, but as an effective team member to achieve the organisations goals
- Knowledge of the environment and/or waste and recycling sector
- Knowledge of packaging and/or building industry
About No More Butts
No More Butts is taking action on the single biggest contributor to litter in Australia and around the world - cigarette butts. Made from cellulose acetate, cigarette butts are not biodegradable and leach harsh chemicals into the natural environment. It has been reported to take 15 years for a cigarette butt to break down in seawater, causing damage to marine life and has the ability to enter the food chain as a microplastic. Cigarettes are also considered to be a major contributor towards fires.
Based in Queensland, Australia, No More Butts is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for Profits Commission. It holds a Deductible Gift Recipient status, having been entered onto the Register of Environmental Organisations in 2020.
Our vision is a Butt Free Environment. We have a serious cause, BUTT, we do like to be a bit cheeky.
As a volunteer with No More Butts, you will be contributing your valuable time to an incredible cause. By volunteering with us, you will help build awareness and create solutions to protect our natural environment by assisting in the reduction of cigarette butt litter.
If your background and passion suit our purpose and culture, we'd love you to apply. We will review and reply to all applicants, whether successful or not. Successful applicants would require a video interview, where you will be asked some questions and asked to showcase your previous experience relating to your application, such as social pages, press releases, grant submissions, database management.