Volunteers required to work in the new Emergency Room of the CASB building (Critical Services Building) at the Children's Hospital at Westmead. Shifts available 7 days per week.
Volunteers are needed to assist in many areas of the Hospital, relieving the pressure on staff by keeping patients entertained with different activities or just by having a chat with them and their families.
Volunteers must have excellent communication skills, and should have outgoing personalities and enjoy engaging with people, many of whom need a high degree of support..
Across the Network, more than 600 volunteers work in partnership with staff to provide support and comfort to some of the State’s sickest children and their families.
To protect the health and safety of our patients, all prospective volunteers MUSTsatisfy the following criteria and :
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Complete a volunteer application
- Have a cleared National Criminal Record Check (this check is undertaken by the Hospitals before a volunteer commences - there is no charge to the volunteer to have this check completed)
- Have a cleared Working with Children Check (there is no charge to the volunteer to have this check completed).
- If volunteering directly with children, volunteers must have current immunity status for Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (Chickenpox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), and Hepatitis B. Any tests or immunisations that a volunteer may need to have to comply with this policy are at their own expense.
For The Children’s Hospital at Westmead the new building will include:
- Emergency Department
- Children’s Short Stay Unit
- Additional medical imaging to support the Emergency Department
- Additional Pharmacy services to support the Emergency Department
- Digital operating theatres
The new entry plaza and forecourt features:
- Landscaped green spaces
- Connection points to the future Parramatta Light Rail and future Sydney Metro West
The overall design:
- Has more spaces with natural light
- Pays tribute to our indigenous history, with artwork and spaces of respect for Aboriginal culture
- Has education, training and research areas embedded into every floor
- Connected to the new hospital building is the Westmead Innovation Centre, which is also part of the $1 billion Westmead Redevelopment
As you will be working in a Hospital, it is a COVID safe environment for all volunteers and members of the public as well as staff.
Have a sneak preview of this new facility by clicking on the link which will be provided by return email when you apply for this role online.
- Supporting patients and their families in the Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Making a difference to sick kids
- Working alongside passionate professionals