We are currently looking for volunteers to assist us to prepare and support Queensland communities before, during and after a natural disaster.
- Ongoing Position
- Varied Hours/Days for Activation across QLD
- If Activated, volunteer are required for minimum of up to 6 days in the field, once per year
- Please note this role requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC).
Red Cross has been responding to emergencies and providing humanitarian assistance in Australia since 1914. We are committed to strengthening and extending our emergency aid services to assist all Australians prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
The role suits a volunteer who is 18 years of age or older of an acceptable level of physical and emotional fitness as conditions of work are often challenging
Emergency Services Volunteers help people affected by disaster by:
- Providing quality, practical and innovative information to help people make informed choices about preparing for, responding to and recovering from emergencies;
- Providing psycho-social support to people affected by emergencies;
- Registering people so that they can be found by family and friends in an emergency;
- Working in an Emergency Operations Centre or Field Operations team;
- Performing office-based activities to ensure that Red Cross is prepared and equipped to assist people prepare for, respond to or recover from emergency events
As an Emergency Services volunteer, you’ll help people to be better prepared, better connected to each other and more resilient when emergencies happen. Red Cross will ensure you have training, ongoing support and access to other opportunities within the World’s largest humanitarian network.
Please note: you will be required to upload a recent copy of you CV to submit this application.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.