Welcome Merchant is the liaison between refugee entrepreneurs and the wider community in Australia. Our mission is to elevate the voices of refugee and asylum seeker entrepreneurs in Australia. We promote the businesses for free via our online directory and social media channels. We also organise cooking classes and ticketed dinners on behalf of refugee chefs.
Location: Work from home
Days: 5 hours per week, ongoing role
About the role
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Digital Community Engagement Officer to help us elevate our story and create higher impact into a wider social audience on Facebook.
- Actively represent Welcome Merchant brand and voice by posts, comments and promotions on Facebook.
- Continually develop the Facebook platform, incorporating strategic mindset.
- Focus on audience growth, by both shaping content and communications.
- Monitor and report on Facebook successful engagement. Managing responses to posts / community management and engagement
- Organise activities to build community and boost brand awareness. Building and growing our audience and fan base.
- Create, deploy and manage community engagement initiatives.
- Identifying and managing relationships with social media influencers and other potential partners for promotional opportunities
- You will assist in bridging differences that can exist within the community and provide powerful communications to educate the wider audience.
The suitable volunteer will have the following attributes:
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role within digital marketing / community / audience management and engagement
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. comments or posts per month per user).
- Ability to influence change.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building social online groups, launching an ambassador program, creating event series)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to volunteer 5h per week