RSPCA NSW are looking for help with maintaining our shelter facility and enclosures, including mowing, gardening (including weeding and looking after our vegetable and herb garden), cleaning the facility and providing general repairs to animal enclosures and public spaces.
In this role, you'll be using your handy-person skills to beautify our Rutherford shelter, making sure both animals and people who visit have a clean and safe environment.
Training will be provided by our facilities team, including how to use a ride-on lawnmower and best practice around our animal residents.
Tasks generally include:
- General gardening duties, such as sweeping, mowing and weeding our horse paddocks and grassed areas
- Clearing drainpipes
- Providing care and attention to our veggie garden and harvesting suitable plants for our pocket pets
- Cleaning walls, windows, doors and shelves using brooms or pressure hoses
- Assisting with general repairs and painting
- Helping to maintain a clean shelter and keep equipment in good working order
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
Requirements for this role any previous handy-person experience, able to lift at least 10-15kg and over 18 years old.
RSPCA NSW is a registered COVID Safe organisation, and follows NSW Health warnings and precautions in regards to our staff, volunteers, visitors and daily practices.
- Training from our Shelter Team
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, if possible