- Assisting Group Leader during various activities by supervising the participants.
- Following directions and guidelines outlined by the Group Leader.
- Preparing materials and setting the environment for the activities and packing up after the activities.
- Encouraging participants to interact with one another.
- Encouraging participants to participate in activities.
- Building rapport with both staff and participants.
- Working in accordance with Spectrum Space policies and procedures.
- Record weekly observations, goals and case notes for 3 participants throughout the term and hand in to Group Leader AW OPS F021
- Participant Case Notes (available on group commencement).
- At times if required and applicable to you, providing transport to outings for participants.
- Other similar related tasks as required.
- Ability to autonomously engage participants and assist with set up/ pack up and all group activities.
- Ability to care for children/ teenagers/ young adults with a disability.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
- Previous experience workingwith children/ teenagers with special needs.
- Experience in incorporating organisational values into daily interactions.
- Experience, qualification in education support, disability, or similar or working towards it.