We are currently seeking expressions of interest from those interested in teaching ethics classes at Hamilton Public School.
The classes teach children how to approach ethical issues and develop their capacity for considered moral judgement, which will enable them to respond more thoughtfully to many of the problems and issues they will face in their lives. Volunteer Ethics Teachers are trained to deliver our age-appropriate curriculum every week and to use the accompanying learning and teaching materials.
No experience is necessary however the best candidate will be someone who;
- Likes working with children and encouraging them to think,
- Has strong communication skills,
- Is available during school terms to teach in the classroom for approximately half an hour per week,
- Has strong computer literacy skills as being able to navigate through online training and downloading lesson materials is a key element in this role
- Can volunteer for at least 12 months on a weekly basis to provide continuity.