As an SES Support Officer you will be provided with basic training in line with SES minimum training requirements. Your tasks would include food preparation, food shopping, resupply, washing dishes and light cleaning. If you think you would be suitable for this role please submit an Expression of Interest below. Provision of catering to volunteers:
- On Wednesday training nights (supper after training) at the unit (about 35-40 members)
- Occasional weekend training courses at the unit or field locations (12 – members, 15 times a year)
- At any hour, for operational incidents (storm, bushfires, search) at the facility or in the field (8 – 30 members)
- May be required to deliver catering to volunteers at incidents, driving an SES vehicle
- Maintaining hygienic kitchen preparation, storage and serving areas
- Purchasing catering supplies using SES unit/Brigade funds up to authorised amounts.
The Swan ESF has a basic kitchen and pantry area with microwaves, and a fridge/freezer. These roles are an on-going appointment, subject to serving a successful probation period, as for all new volunteers.