Who we are
FOXG1 Foundation Australia is a charity dedicated to raising awareness of FOXG1and genetic diseases alike. By engaging in the education and research of FOXG1,we can better understand and essentially find treatments and preventative methods to diseases like autism, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy and Schizophrenia. We have a very warm and welcoming team who will provide you a platform to do amazing things and accomplish new skills.
About the role
The Program Coordinator will coordinate and manage all events at FoxG1, working to drive forward existing and new initiatives. The successful candidate will bring their experience to steer these activities to reach new audiences, increase participation and demonstrate value.
- Plan and coordinate the FoxG1 events and develop this program to broaden its reach and impact.
- Develop and deliver communication and marketing strategies for our events and programs, which target the right audiences and drive-up participation.
- Research, define and develop ways to grow and improve our programs and events.
- Conduct training sessions for students to help them learn skills related to event management thereby promoting individual growth.
- Collaborate with the team to create, design, and develop various ways to develop the council in the weekly insights and strategic meetings.
- Initiate the process of motivating students to involve them in the process of planning the events throughout the course of the council.
- Develop resources such as meeting materials, written guides, and digital content (e.g., videos and social media posts) in relation to our programs and events.
- Draft and oversee event budgets and develop materials to share with sponsors/donors.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and delivering major community events.
- Understanding of risk management plans and control systems.
- Current class C driver’s license.
- Commitment and sincerity to values and because of our organization.
- Understanding of community event protocols as advised by local councils.
Benefits for Volunteers
- We provide references for all our volunteers. (Note – You need to volunteer for at least 4 months.)
- You will receive a volunteer certificate.
- We provide mentorship and training for people who want a job or looking for a job.
- We also provide people the skills to be competitive in the workforce.
- The work the volunteer has done can be used as a portfolio piece.