Streetlevel Mission Surry Hills is a place where everyone is invited to come and connect with others in the community. We're a community that seeks to create a space where everyone is accepted and included no matter what their story has been in the past or is at present. Streetlevel strives to be an inclusive environment where everyone in our community experiences a sense of belonging and a safe place to call home. Many people in our community are experiencing homelessness and isolation.
Our kitchen is open on weekdays and prepares lunch which is available for anyone and everyone. We're currently serving 40+ lunches per day.
We are needing volunteers on a FRIDAY to help us prepare lunches, sort food deliveries, and clean up. Hours are 9am-3:30pm (pending everything is finished).
A Typical Day Will See You:
- Chopping and prepping fruit, veggies, meat etc. in accordance with the safe food and handling policy
- Washing dishes and ensure sanitised, dried and put away
- Sweeping and mopping floor
- Sorting deliveries
- Ensuring kitchen is clean and safe by cleaning benches regularly
- Disposing of rubbish adequately and safely
- Working cooperatively as a member of the team
- Ensuring Work Health and Safety obligations are adhered to by ensuring procedures are followed
- Wearing mask, gloves and apron at all times in the kitchen
- Complying with hand hygiene requirements
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate or medical contraindication certificate
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Training is provided.
We encourage you to attach your resume so we can get to know you better.
Would you like to come and help us prepare lunch for our community facing hardship?