The Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) is a national program that aims to enrich the quality of life of residents living in aged care homes. This is achieved by regular visits from a volunteer visitor.
The aim of these regular visits is to also reduce the risk of social isolation and loneliness. For the resident the visits also help to establish and reinforce the links between residents and their community.
If you answer YES to the following questions, we would like to hear from you:
- Willing to commit to a minimum of six months and visit at least fortnightly if not weekly for up to one hour, between Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
- demonstrate compassion, empathy and understanding towards the older person.
- Are NOT volunteering elsewhere (this is due to the older persons vulnerability surrounding the current Covid-19 pandemic restrictions).
- Willing to undergo a Police Check (Organisations cost).
- Have current records of receiving the Influenza Vaccination (Dept. of Health regulation) and received COVID vaccination.
In return you will:
- Receive on-going training and support from the CVS Coordinator.
- Meet other Volunteers on a regular basis and be part of a team that work towards lessening the social isolation of the older person.
This role is only available to people that live in the Penrith local area, as it is a govt. funded program.