HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS INTERNATIONAL INC. (HPI)
Responsibility: The Secretary reports to the Management Committee and is responsible for undertaking the general secretarial functions of the HPI organisation.
The Secretary is primarily responsible for managing the non-financial records of HPI as follows:
• Management Committee Meetings
- call and convene Management Committee meetings.
- arrange the meeting venue and prepare the agenda.
- coordinate any correspondence or reports to be presented at meetings.
- take the minutes of meetings and circulate to Committee members with a copy to the auditor.
- complete any secretarial actions arising from meetings including any correspondence required.
- receive and respond to all mail and enquiries via email or through the website and bring urgent matters to the attention of the President or Treasurer if necessary.
• AGM and Special Meetings
- call and convene the AGM and special general meetings.
- arrange the meeting venue if required.
- prepare and distribute the Notice of Meeting with agendas, voting papers and nomination forms.
- receive nominations for election of the management committee prior to or at the AGM.
- coordinate any correspondence or reports to be presented at these meetings.
- circulate the minutes of these meetings to members with a copy to the auditor.
- complete any actions arising from these meetings that require correspondence.
- sign the Annual return to the Qld. Dept. of Fair Trading as prepared by the Treasurer.
• Members’ Register and Members Management
o The Secretary, in accordance with the Section 69A of the Act (see above), has primary responsibility for management of HPI membership and for maintaining the Members’ Register including the following:
- Responding to enquiries for HPI membership by distributing the Membership Application form.
- Bringing Membership Applications to the attention of the Management Committee for consideration at its meetings.
- Advising membership applicants of the decision of the Management Committee and, if approved, formally welcome new members.
- Entering new members details in the Members’ Register and keeping contact details up to date.
- Removing from the Members’ Register the names and details of any members who have resigned or died or whose membership has been terminated as advised by the Management Committee.
- Providing copies of the Members’ Register to The President and other Committee members as necessary.
- Liaising with members through birthday and special event messages.
Also, the Secretary must:
- Maintain a close co-operative association with Management and HPI Members including advising members of any matters as requested by the Management Committee, and
- As the initial ‘face’ of the organisation, be fully aware of the on-going operations so that enquiries can be handled accurately and efficiently.