Tasmania is the home of some of Australia's best events, functions and festivals and St John Tasmania is right at the centre of the action. Get behind the scenes of some of our trademark events while providing a well respected and essential service, meeting new people and making a real difference to those in need. Party Safe aims to provide patrons with safe health practice education and resources to encourage safe celebrations, harm reduction and the importance of looking out for fellow patrons, in an informal and non judgmental manner.
Party Safe provides extensive services at events including:
- Preventative health education and services including promotion of safe alcohol consumption and activities and safe sex practices
- Providing preventative health and harm minimisation products including electrolyte replacement fluids, sunscreen, feminine/sanitary hygiene products and safe sex packs
- Substance abuse education and support referrals
- Mental health awareness and support/counselling
- Provide first aid support, advice and care for patrons
- Providing safe “Chill Out” zones and safe areas
- Conflict resolution
- Roving crews who act as ‘spotters’
Whatever your background, motivation, expectations or goals, we support you all the way. With St John Tasmania you can gain nationally accredited qualifications and certificates. Our regular training and annual re accreditation process ensures that you have the skills you need. Party Safe Crew are highly trained volunteers that are equipped to deal with a variety of situations that may present to them. Party Safe is supported by Event Health Service members. These are highly qualified medical responders can deal with a variety of life-threatening and non-life-threatening emergencies.