- One day only - April 11th, 2021 * #SeaToSource, a project powered by Conservation Volunteers Australia welcomes you to attend our biggest event yet, our National Day of Action! On Sunday the 11th April join hundreds of people across 6 states in getting outside to our local beaches and waterways to take action on one of the world’s most solvable environmental issues – ocean litter. We’re committed to reducing the amount of plastic litter entering our creeks, rivers and oceans and reducing harm to the animals that call these places home. Covering 7 major waterway catchments in Australia, be a part of the big picture in your local area. All equipment and guidance is provided, and the day will be supervised by our CVA Revive Project Officers who live and work in the waterways we care for. There will be a variety of activities and stalls to keep you and the family entertained throughout the day, as well as opportunities to learn about what environmental community projects are happening within your local area, how you can play your part and opportunities for you to have your say on how the ocean litter can be solved.
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations are essential. We will send more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
- Flexible commitment. You can attend the event for as long as you like.
This project received grant funding from the Australian Government, and the event is supported by Sydney Airport and Bayside Council.