**Main activities **
- Set strategic direction and scope for the management of the environment discipline, including the implementation of effective risk management, compliance, and performance strategies.
- For branding by teaming with marketing and communications managers to proactively market the brand and increase ethical pride, to show the public that the company takes social responsibility seriously.
- Provide up to date intelligence (as a result of legislative changes), analysis, expert advice and recommendations to General Management and Senior Executive Team.
- Monitor changes to local and international environmental policies.
- Co-ordinate system and process audits to ensure compliance with environmental standards requirements.
- Manage the risk assessment process.
- Design and implement strategies to reduce environmental incidents/breaches.
- Monitor trends in breaches, record, review and ensure corrective/preventative action is carried out.
- Provide timely reports to the General Manager and the executive team.
- Manage budgets associated with environmental management initiatives, including strategic policy initiatives.
- Promote and coordinate awareness of environmental protection policies and strategies and other regulatory requirements and obligations within the organisation.
- Strategies for new social activities that may create voluntarily efforts among staff.
**Key skills **
- High level of strategic planning skills in safety, including the implementation of effective risk management, compliance and performance strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of environment and emergency management regulatory requirements.
- High-level leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills, including consultation, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- People management skills.
**External contacts ** Environmental specialists, Regulatory bodies, and customers.
**Experience ** 3+ years’ experience plus relevant tertiary qualifications in business or communications