About the role:
As a Human Resources (HR) Advisor you will be responsible for providing accurate and timely HR Advice, Support and Consultancy Services to managers and volunteers in the delivery of organizational strategic objectives. You will be managing important aspects of HR like: Policy Development, Recruitment and selection, Learning and Development, Coaching and Mentoring, Performance Management and Risk Management
What you'll be doing
- Identify opportunities for improvement in HR Processes and Procedures and assist in implementation
- Devise and implement recruitment plans, campaigns and activities within agreed deadlines ensuring that recruiting managers are properly consulted and informed.
- Provide innovative, cost effective and timely solutions on all volunteer resourcing strategies.
- Introduce and explore various form of recruitment platforms; LinkedIn, Seek, etc. to secure best talent for the Organization
- Maintain a high standard of internal and external communication to deliver an exceptional customer experience
-- Program Development
- Develop programs like the Graduate Program, Rewards & Recognition Program
-- Policies & Procedures :
- Develop and update HR Policies, Procedures and associated Forms in line with employment legislation and best practice
- Develop WHS Policies and Procedure for the organization and promote excellent workplace relations and safety ensuring compliance and best practice in Human Resource Management, industrial relations and WHS
- Drive the WHS Risk Management Process across the organization and provide key stakeholders with assistance and advice as required.
- Ensure HR processes and policies are robustly applied in a way that ensures business objectives are met and respect and care for team members maintained; and drive continuous improvement
- Develop and conduct regular Audits to ensure WHS Personnel, Training, Premises and Processes comply with relevant leg
- In the event of an incident this role will coordinate with regards to all insurance claims, submissions and documentation and also assist in all necessary investigations and ensure that all internal processes have been appropriately followed
- Work with recruiting managers to implement onboarding and offboarding initiatives
-- Recruitment :
- Work with Hiring Managers and HR to understand key resource requirements.
- Assist with updating and development of role descriptions
- Support recruiting managers with their recruitment requirements, writing interview guides, attending interviews as required and advising recruitment managers as appropriate.
-- Training & Reporting :
- Planning, organizing and conducting training.
- Accurate staffing reports, data and metrics are maintained at all times
Required experience and skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR
- Generalist HR experience
- Strong knowledge of NFP legislations and regulations & handling volunteer conflicts
- Experience in leading projects and implementing new initiatives
- Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the best practice on recruitment and select
- Ability to use a HR information system including, accessing, inputting, and compiling data
- The ability to research, analyze and reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes
- Experience in supervising staff and assuming responsibility for workload allocation
- Ability to identify development needs, write and present information
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior managers on strategic matters
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organization is a great place to be.
- We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentor-ship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
- You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
- Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn profile
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment