HammondCare pastoral care volunteers have an opportunity to support the spiritual and emotional needs of the elderly residents living in their home. As a pastoral care volunteer you’ll be a Christian actively involved with a local Christian church. We have a few clients who would benefit from a volunteer who speaks Greek.
You’ll supplement and complement the work of our HammondCare At Home Pastoral Care Coordinator, and under their direction you may:
- Support people to meet their spiritual needs
- Support people and families in time of crisis
- Nurture spiritual development
- Assist with worship services, use Bible reading resources with residents, and assist in other faith supporting activities.
You’ll find that as a pastoral care volunteer you’ll nurture your own spiritual life.
Ideally you'll be available for 1-2 hours each week (Monday to Friday) for 12 months or longer. We would be happy to discuss a suitable day and time.
HammondCare is an independent charity, specialising in dementia. We're passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that make a difference in the lives of our residents. We'll provide training, as well as specific pastoral care training along with ongoing support and invitations to social events.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a police background check which we’ll arrange. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have additional criteria
- Provide proof of your current flu vaccination - or be willing to have the flu vaccination prior to starting
- Be prepared to wear a face mask for all visits when required
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.