Title: Volunteer Administrative Worker Terms of Employment: Ongoing Hours: The hours of the position are Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm You must be able to work at least a 4-hour period on any given day. Reporting to: Manager of the Program Area Location: 186 Forster East St, Dandenong, 3175 and 5 Osborne Ave, Springvale, 3171
**Position Context ** The Community Wellbeing (CWB) Team is an integral team at SECL. Based in the Dandenong and Springvale offices, the CWB Team is responsible for all initial assessments and identification of participant’s entitlements in our community.
The CWB team is seeking a volunteer administrative assistant who is confident in taking phone calls, greeting people who access our service and assisting with enquiries all while working in an empathic and considered way.
We are seeking a volunteer who can demonstrate sound people skills and understands the complexities of responding to enquiries from people who sometimes present with challenging circumstances.
A successful administrative assistant will work collaboratively with our team and community in a non-judgmental manner to create a reassured environment, manage change well and be professional in their approach. A willingness to gain an integrated understanding of the root causes of disadvantage and available services and supports is important.
The Administrative Assistant Volunteer role is an invaluable addition to SECL’s team. While the skills and experiences of volunteers enhance the work SECL does, there are also many benefits we offer to our volunteers. These include, personal development, role progression, one on one interaction with our community, job satisfaction, social connection, being a valued member of SECL’s community, training to enhance and learn new skills and a strong supervision model to develop professionally.
** Key Selection Criteria **
- Demonstrated ability to embrace diversity and to treat every person with dignity, compassion, and respect regardless of socio-economic status, ability, age, gender, race, religion, or sexuality.
- Ability to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the CWB team
- Competent computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office
- Competent and confident phone etiquette
- Clear and succinct communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt to the communication requirements of our diverse community
- Previous volunteer or work experience is desirable
** Responsibilities ** Behavioural
Contribute to maintaining a supporting environment for all staff, students, volunteers, and participants.
Committed to engaging in supervision and professional development and to developing relevant skills and knowledge.
Able to Work in a professional manner, including always maintaining confidentiality, good boundaries, and being punctual and reliable.
Client Outcomes/Client Services
- Greet and direct people who access our service in a personable and welcoming manner
- Respond to participant inquiries by phone, email, and in-person by understanding their circumstances and referring to the appropriate SECL program.
- Respond to voice messages, take messages and ensure they are delivered to the appropriate SECL team member in a timely and confidential manner.
- Enter data and notes succinctly into our Client Management System
- Ensure the office is well organised and user friendly for all staff, students, volunteers and the community.
- Other general administrative and office duties when required.
Please send your resume and cover letter addressing how you can meet the key selection criteria to Christina Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org