Global Evergreening Alliance
The Global Evergreening Alliance has an opportunity for you to be part of global land restoration efforts, addressing climate change, food insecurity and poverty with a focus on data management to support our online monitoring platform
The Global Evergreening Alliance is an international NGO which coordinates the development and implementation of massive-scale environmental restoration and sustainable agricultural intensification projects in developing countries around the world. It has 30+ members, including World Vision, Conservation International, the World Resources Institute, the World Agroforestry Centre, CARE International, Oxfam, Catholic Relief Services, and The Nature Conservancy.
The Global EverGreening Alliance is seeking a Volunteer Data Management Officer to assist in:
- Coordinating the collection of project data from member organisations
- Helping with the input and management of data on ArcGIS Online
• Interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to engage with colleagues both internally and externally, and with people from diverse backgrounds
• Time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks, manage workloads, and meet deadlines
• Problem-solving skills and an ability to work independently, as well as an effective team member to achieve shared goals
Hours and Frequency of work
Applicants should be available to volunteer for 6-8 hours work per week (negotiable) over 2-3 days. Due to a significant part of the organisation's work occurring outside normal Australian business hours (to align with international time-zones), the organisation’s core working hours are from 9:30am to 2:30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a high level of flexibility around time and location.
The Global EverGreening Alliance has zero tolerance to child abuse, and to discrimination, harassment and workplace bullying. All staff, including volunteers, are required to sign an acknowledgement and adhere strictly to the organisation’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and other policies. In addition, the successful applicant will need to agree to an Australian Police Record Check and either provide or agree to apply for a Working with Children card.
To apply, please send a brief introductory letter, explaining your interest in volunteering and why you believe you would be a suitable candidate, together with your current CV and contact details, to email@example.com using the subject line: Volunteer Spatial Data Management Officer application via Seek Volunteer.