- Are you passionate about giving back to the community?
- Do you enjoy talking to people?
CCNSW Diversity and Inclusion statement
Cancer Council NSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work. As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups. As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at [email protected]
Outline of the role:
Cancer Council NSW is a community funded, community focused cancer charity dedicated to working towards a cancer-free future. There are things that we can all do every day to help make this happen.
The key purpose of Events Administration role is to provide administration and event support throughout the Far North Coast and Northern Rivers event portfolio, and in turn support the organisation in its vision of a cancer-free future.
Main responsibilities will include:
- General admin tasks including customer service, reception, postage, ordering office supplies.
- Coordinating mail outs and content for Email Direct Marketing campaigns
- Assisting with communication and distribution of kits to event participants pre and post events
- Database Management with an inhouse database. This includes data entry, running reports and updating records
- Maintain adequate supplies for events as appropriate
- Design marketing collateral as required
- Maintain sound knowledge of Cancer Council NSW Fundraising Guidelines
Our ideal volunteer will have:
- A confident phone manner and excellent communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- An interest in events and the not-for-profit sector
- A fun and positive personality
Please note, if successful for the role you will be required to complete a CCNSW National Police Check, provide a Working with Children Check and undergo vaccinations as required by NSW Department of Health, (free for volunteers).
Key Values for Volunteers
Our values influence the work that we do, and the way we work with our colleagues and with our community.
- Innovation - Seek and embrace the best
- Responsibility - Be accountable for our results and resources
- Courage - Speak out and step up
- Collaboration - Work together to achieve our goals
Benefits of the role for the volunteer:
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works ‘on the ground’ with the community
- Grow personally and professionally
- Develop hands on experience in business administration, and event planning.
- Expand your skills throughout various database management systems, online editing software and the Microsoft programs
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more. Check out our website under volunteering for more information.
How to apply:
Why wait! Apply online by clicking on APPLY and submit your cover letter and resume!
Applications closes Monday 30 August 2021. You will need to create an account to apply for this volunteer position if you don’t have one already.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Maddie Cross, Volunteering & Partnerships Coordinator, Northern on 02 66391306
For more information about volunteering and Cancer Council NSW, please click here to go to our website.