In 2021 the Australian Masters Games (AMG) heads to Perth, Western Australia from Saturday 9 to Saturday 16 October 2021.
The AMG is one of the largest multi-sport events in Australia and has become well known for its festival style atmosphere that incorporates expansive sporting and social programs.
With an anticipated sport program of around 50 sports, the Games will aim to attract between 6,000 and 8,000 participants and approximately 2,000 accompanying persons.
We are looking for up to 1,000 volunteers to join us and assist in delivering a successful 2021 AMG.
Volunteer roles available:
- Accreditation team
- Workforce team
- Participant Services Team
- Operations team
- Special Events team
- Media team
- Sport Liaison Officer
- Sport Assistant
For more information on each of the available roles please visit the volunteer section of the Australian Masters Games website.
Successful volunteers will receive:
- A volunteer uniform including a polo shirt, cap, drink bottle and bag
- An official 2021 AMG accreditation pass
- An invitation to our volunteer appreciation event after the Games
- Meals and refreshments for shifts 5 hours or longer in duration
- Valuable behind the scenes experience at a major sport event
- Exclusive competitions and giveaways
- New memories, friendship and FUN!
Successful volunteers will be required to:
- Be available for at least 3 shifts during the Games period (7-16 October 2021)
- Be over 18 years old as of 1 October 2021 (Pre-approved sport volunteers under the age of 18 may be accepted on a case-by-case basis)
- Apply online before the closing date (16 May 2021)
- Complete a phone interview in May/June 2021 (Pre-approved volunteers from specific sports will not be required to complete an interview)
- Complete training in September/October 2021 – training will differ between volunteer roles and may include online and in person training sessions
- Have the ability to cover all travel and accommodation costs
- Willing to undergo a security background check
- Have read and consent to the Volunteer Code of Conduct (this is available to view during the application process)
Whether you are a seasoned volunteer or looking to try something new we want you to join our team!
Express you interest here via Seek or visit our website to complete our application form.
If you have any questions at all, please contact the Workforce Coordinator at email@example.com or 08 6146 3255 (9am-5pm AWST)