A core value of The Salvation Army (TSA) is to support the basic needs of individuals and communities whilst making a positive difference in the world, at Employment Plus we support vulnerable Australian’s with getting into employment.
This volunteer Administration Support role provides administration services including tasks such as data entry of information and updating databases, typing of documents, making and responding to telephone calls. This role also provides operational support through general administration services as required, to regional based staff including contacting jobseekers, supporting visitors on site and data collection and entry of information.
This is a great opportunity for someone with good clerical and administrative skills to join the Salvation Army Employment Plus, gaining experience and supporting our clients.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Must be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Excellent phone manner
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong computer literacy skills including use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accurate data entry skills
- High level of resilience
- Experience in an administrative office environment
- Must be able to work independently without supervision
To succeed in this volunteer role, you will need to be conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel and be an efficient typist. You will have a positive and friendly disposition with an excellent phone manner and be a quick learner with high attention to detail and be task orientated. You will need to be reliable, trustworthy, and respectful of the differing views and rights of others and be able to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army.
This role would be an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to improve upon their administrative skills or retain skills and utilise their administration experience to further the good work of The Salvation Army.
Mandatory Requirements of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Integrity Checks, National Police Check and Blue Card/WWCC are required for the role
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
The Salvation Army is a culturally safe and equal employment opportunity organisation and we encourage all applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and candidates with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Whilst it is not mandatory to have a clear criminal history to volunteer for The Salvation Army, we do require that you complete a police check and provide a volunteer Working With Children Check to be successful in this volunteer role.