Role: Store Assistant at Hunter Gatherer Geelong West
Store Location: Shop 2/129 Pakington Street, Geelong West VIC 3218
When will you start? As soon as possible!
What does the role entail?
At Hunter Gatherer, our volunteers spend their time:
- Offering a great service to customers, helping them find awesome second-hand pieces to suit their style
- Creating beautiful, vibrant displays and window features, highlighting our amazing brands and labels
- Replenishing racks and shelves with freshly donated stock, keeping the store neat, tidy and inviting
- Helping to curate an amazing range of product under the guidance of our brilliant store managers
- Serving customers at the register, and helping the store manager with daily tasks as needed
What experience do I need?
Our volunteers come from a diverse range of backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common, and that is their love of thrifting for second-hand fashion.
So if you have:
- A great eye for detail
- Expert knowledge on brands and labels
- A passion for the latest trends in fashion
- Creative flair
- An up-beat, customer focussed attitude
- The desire to contribute to the community and learn something new
We would love to hear from you!
We’re not looking for specific retail experience, so if you can tick these boxes, and you’d like to work with our talented team, please apply today!
Why volunteer with Hunter Gatherer?
At Hunter Gatherer, we are proud to be known as one of Melbourne’s most iconic, not-for-profit second-hand fashion retailers. We are well-known for offering an amazing, curated range of contemporary brands and vintage labels. We love helping our customers find one of a kind pieces, offering the best styling tips and advice in sync with the latest fashion trends.
We have built a team that feels like family in our bright, vibrant stores. And our volunteers have the opportunity to make new friends, learn and develop new skills, while feeling connected to an inspiring organisation.
As a social enterprise of the Brotherhood of St. Laurence (BSL), we place community, sustainability and ethical retailing at the heart of our business. All our stock is generously donated, and when you volunteer with us, you’ll help support the most vulnerable members of our community with a brighter future.