Sharoma Indigenous Corporation (ShIC) trading as Sport, Culture and Leadership Academy (SCALA) is a newly formed social enterprise that is 100% owned and operated by two Aboriginal women. Our goal is to create opportunities and pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander athletes, coaches, umpires and administrators to flourish and succeed in their chosen industry or sport. We deliver mentorship, coaching, cultural and educational activities led by accredited sport coaches, qualified academics, experienced mentors and business professionals, and Aboriginal knowledge-holders with deep spiritual and community connections. ShIC t/as SCALA is a not-for-profit organisation that is registered with the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations and is currently in the process of registering for charity/DGR status with the ACNC.
We are looking for a volunteer grant writer and sponsorship coordinator to assist the two directors with researching, writing, submission and acquittals for grants from 1 to 2 days per week. Although not a prerequisite, it is an advantage to have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and more advantageous to have experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth. It is necessary for the successful applicant to hold (or to be able to obtain) a Working with Children Blue Card. The ideal candidate should be based in Brisbane and must be self-motivated, proactive, trustworthy and competent in prioritising work.
- Assist the directors with researching, obtaining, writing and submitting grant and sponsorship opportunities
- Assist with reporting and acquittals
- Assist with research and development activities
- Maintain good relationships with government organisations, sponsors and other relevant stakeholders
- Create and update relevant records, documents, databases
Skills, Knowledge, Attributes
- Firm values of integrity and respect
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of grammar and the English language
- Attention to detail with good organisational skills
- Good time management and able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with little or no supervision
- Computer literacy with the ability to use spread-sheeting and word-processing for calculations, reporting and correspondence
- Experience in research and preparation of grant submissions within a not-for-profit, social sector context or equivalent
- Experience in report writing and acquittals
- Experience with sourcing sponsors and writing sponsorship proposals
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (e.g., word, excel, powerpoint)
- Working with Children Blue Card
- Experience in project management, sponsorship and grant writing
- Proficient in social media and confident with technology
- Interest in sports and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture
ShIC t/as SCALA encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent.
Please forward your resume included with an expression of interest listing any relevant experience to Aunty Roma at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 16 April 2021 at 12.00 pm, with a start date of 20 April 2021.