Organisation Description Ardoch is a children’s education charity focused on improving educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities. We partner with schools and early years services to deliver tailored education support programs that aim to increase engagement in education, build aspirations, enhance learning outcomes and increase the confidence of children and young people living in disadvantaged communities. We mobilise community and workplace volunteers to support schools and early childhood services. We also advocate for and seek to influence policy change to reduce inequity in education.
Vision Every child’s potential is realised through full participation in education.
Mission Our mission is to increase engagement in education, build aspirations and enhance learning outcomes for children in disadvantaged communities by:
- mobilising volunteers and connecting partners* to build the capacity of schools and early years services in these communities; and
- advocating for, and influencing policy change to reduce inequity in education.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with the maintenance of Literacy and Numeracy Buddies programs by reading and recording buddy letters/blogs.
- Data entry and filing
- Assistance with other duties and activities as requested by Programs team
Skills and Personal Attributes of Administrator Volunteer
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong competency with Excel
- Experience with online platforms management
- Be able to use Canva (or learn how) – design platform
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and invite support and assistance from others where necessary
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of [organization name] volunteers, partners, and donors
Location Melbourne CBD office