Organisation Description Ardoch is a children’s education charity focused on improving educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities. We partner with schools and early years services to deliver tailored education support programs that aim to increase engagement in education, build aspirations, enhance learning outcomes and increase the confidence of children and young people living in disadvantaged communities. We mobilise community and workplace volunteers to support schools and early childhood services. We also advocate for and seek to influence policy change to reduce inequity in education.
Vision Every child’s potential is realised through full participation in education.
Mission Our mission is to increase engagement in education, build aspirations and enhance learning outcomes for children in disadvantaged communities by:
- mobilising volunteers and connecting partners* to build the capacity of schools and early years services in these communities; and
- advocating for, and influencing policy change to reduce inequity in education.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with Working with Children Check process, including recording Working with Children Checks
- Assisting the Programs team in the office with a variety of administrative tasks
- Making phone calls to Education Volunteers and maintaining relevant records
- Data entry and filing (Excel, Donman, online platform Track it forward)
- Providing hands-on support to specific projects
- Updating and maintaining organisational records and documents
Skills and Personal Attributes of Administrator Volunteer
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Demonstrable track record in an administrative position
- Ability to communicate clearly and invite support and assistance from others where necessary
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook, Databases and use of the internet
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of [organization name] volunteers, partners, and donors