As a residential companion at Bolton Clarke Glendale you will visit residents one on one as directed by our staff to engage with them in conversation and activities. Companionship activities could differ week to week and resident to resident but could include:
- Completing a puzzle
- Doing a craft such as knitting, sewing, card making
- Reading a book/newspaper to a resident
- Walking together in the onsite gardens
- Doing some basic gardening tasks together in the onsite gardens
- Using your technology skills to help set residents up to listen to music/audio books or to watch tv shows/youtube
- Playing a board game or card game
- Simply sitting and having a chat
The responsibilities and tasks of your role would include:
- Providing one on one companionship to residents as directed by Bolton Clarke staff. You will discuss with your onsite supervisor suitable activities for the residents you are visiting on any given shift.
- Getting to know residents and discuss topics of interest to them, maintaining professional boundaries at all times.
- Escorting residents around the site aiding with simple mobilisation where required and trained to do so
- Provide notes to your supervisor at the end of shift with regards to the residents visited and activities/topics covered.
This could be the role for you if:
- You have great verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You are empathetic and have the ability to relate to a variety of diverse people
- You have interest and knowledge in a wide range of topics
- You speak other languages in addition to English (not essential)