Join us and have fun participating in program days with children from a refugee and asylum seeker background. We collect the children from their homes and take them to participate in joint group activities. We run 4 programs by age range for the children between 6 and 18 years old. You can choose your preference for programs at our orientation program day, where you'll get to find out about the rewarding experience being part of Australian Refugee Volunteers can be.
What you'll be doing;
- Meet and greet families when collecting children from their homes
- Participate in social activities while being buddied up with children aged between 6 and 18 from a refugee background.
- Supervise and ensure they have a great day out while learning about teamwork, inclusion and belonging.
- No volunteering experience is necessary, just a positive attitude and a great sense of fun!
- Be reliable and time efficient. Program days start at set times and we need to collect and travel to program locations on time.
- Possess or obtain a Working With Children Check before attending first program day.
- It's desirable for you to use your own car and be willing to collect and drive the children to the activities. Volunteers can pair up with lifts, but we always need drivers so if you can borrow or have a car and assist then this is ideal.
- Willing to commit to a minimum 4-6 programs a year. Programs run monthly on a Saturday. You can see the full list of program dates on our website
Visit our website and find the 'Fill Out Application' link at the end of the page.