Peppermint Reserve is an important 4-hectare reserve in Kingswood, showcasing rare Cumberland Plain Woodland species such as the slender Native Pear (Marsdenia viridflora) and the delicate Cumberland Plain Land Snail. The reserve provides valuable bushland habitat for a diversity of plant and animal species in an otherwise urban environment. With your help we can support the work of bushcare volunteers over the last 15 years and continue to protect the Reserve's incredibly diverse (and structurally intact) ground layer species, which are under threat from environmental and noxious weeds such as Bridal Creeper, Asparagus Fern, Mother of Millions and African Love Grass. This project is made possible with support from Penrith City Council and the NSW Environmental Trust.
- Sunday 15 August -Sunday 17 October
A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Registrations on our website are essential. We will send you a link with more information on how to register once you submit a SEEK volunteer application.
- You are required to make your own way to and from the worksite.
- No previous experience is required. We will provide you with all the know-how on site.
- We can provide you with a certificate of appreciation for coming along and helping out (this looks great on a resume!)
NOTE: All volunteers will be required to answer a COVID-19 questionnaire prior to participating.