Do you have passion for soccer and want to share that passion with a young person? if so, you can have a huge impact on someone's life and our Community Connections Mentoring Program could be for you.
Jesuit Social Services is looking for a person who can support a young man with his soccer aspirations.
We are looking for a soccer-enthused mentor to support, guide and inspire a young man in the Dandenong area with transport to practice and games and to share your love of the world game with him.
Our Community Connections program matches volunteers from the community with young people involved in the Child Protection system, with the aim of creating lasting friendships and positive, stable role models for young people leaving care
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE • To promote and increase a young person’s community participation. • To provide mentoring support to young people who are leaving the out-of-home care system.
OUTLINE OF VOLUNTEER’S RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop collaborative working relationships with mentee and interested stakeholders.
• Engage with mentee on a regular basis.
• Compliance with relevant legislation.
• Commitment to continuous quality improvement processes.
• Participate in core training program and any other training deemed appropriate by the program coordinator.
• Participate in Community Connections Mentoring program activities with mentee service where practical. • Other duties, as may be required