The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of BassCare.
BASS Care is a not-for-profit community based provider offering a broad range of aged care services in Boroondara. Services include: Meals-on-wheels, Social support programs, Dementia services and Residential care. We empower those over 55 to feel good and live well.
Key tasks or duties:
- Help as directed with room set up and pack up
- Escort participants from their rooms to the music activity program
- Encourage participants involvement during the class
Key skills or experience:
- Compassion and empathy for the older community
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Friendly natured person/s happy to engage in conversations with clients
- Commitment of approx. 2 hours a week, preferably on a weekly or fortnightly basis
- Adaptable to change, (as some COVID restrictions still in place)
Please note that at the time of posting this position (15/4/21) entry into the residential facility still requires wearing of facemasks.