We are seeking an animal care assistant to work for 8 hours up until dusk once per week and who will specialise in the maintenance and care of the imagesanctuary’s animals. You will work alongside our live-in animal care team.
The role would involve:
– Cleaning down walls and surfaces in the pig barn
– Ensure that yards are secure and safe
– Check areas that are accessible for the pigs and cattle for trash and small items that might be considered food
– Monthly health checks of each anmal.
– Maintain a log of each animal describing current condition, health issues and medications
– Train new live-in animal carers in the daily procedures
– Assist live-in volunteers when necessary
– Manage the entire farm operation in the case of sickness or default of a live-in volunteer
– Attend and contribute to a quarterly animal care forum
– Full training will be given
– Must be cautiously confident around large animals
– Must be able to commit for a minimum of six months
– Any day of the week is available. Your commitments outside the sanctuary must take up no more than 4 days per week, or 8 days per fortnight.
– Follows a vegan lifestyle
– Large animal experience a plus but not absolutely essential