Special Olympics Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that provides regular sports training, competition opportunities and development programs for people with an intellectual disability across Australia.
We are currently seeking a highly organised individual with previous experience in administration support to become the Club Secretary.This role is integral to the effective running of the Club.
- The Secretary is primarily responsible for the documentation and communication of all Club Leadership Team activities.
- The role will provide key administrative support for the committee by preparing detailed agendas for distribution, recording and circulating accurate meeting minutes, receiving and disseminating Club correspondence to relevant Leadership Team members.
- The Secretary will also be required to complete additional ad-hoc tasks as required by the Leadership Team to ensure agreed outcomes for the Club are met.
- The ideal candidate have proven experience in an administrative capacity with strong organisational and communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years administration or office support experience
- Previous experience as a committee secretary in a comparable organisation
- Previous experience with a not for profit or disability organisation
Competencies / Skills required:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Work productively with other Club LT members
- Computer literacy skills
- Demonstrated planning skills
- Meetings held monthly. Meetings will commence once Covid-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Special Olympics Australia is a child safe organisation and conducts relevant checks as part of a volunteer screening.