First held in 1997, Gold Dinner is regarded as the signature charity event in Australia. Its philanthropic vision has raised in excess of $30 million over the last 22 years for sick kids in urgent need of tomorrow’s care today. This exclusive event is invitation only and $1,500 per ticket to attend.
Gold Dinner 2021 will be raising funds supporting positive mental health in young people, while pledging to support paediatric healthcare in the areas of greatest need. The need to support sick kids, irrespective of circumstance or location, is even more important in these uncertain times. We’ll need your help now and into the future to achieve this.
Gala event volunteers are required for several roles:
- Sell raffle tickets ($200 and $500 each) using an ipad and collect pledges and silent auction bids to nominated tables.
- Table Hosts
- Receive payment from guests for photos
- Cloakroom attendants
- Assist in directing guests and showing them to their tables
- Bus Hosts
By return email, when applying for this role online, you will receive a link to apply for this role. Volunteers will need to sign up a expression of interest to reserve an interview which will be held on zoom in a few weeks (details will be emailed to applicants).
Volunteers must possess the following attributes:
- be confident and friendly and act as hosts to guests
- ability to walk up to attendees and sell raffle tickets ($200 & $500 each) *collect pledges and silent auction bids
- collect payment for photos
- provide customer service with a smile
- well presented
- well spoken
Dress code for the event will be: Staff should wear all-black cocktail attire and black dress shoes. For women, please wear a black cocktail dress to the knees (not too revealing please). For men, please wear a black suit, white shirt, and black tie. This event will take place in accordance with COVID safe procedures.
Overview of key event details
- Date: Thursday 10th June 2021
- Arrival time / Briefing: 5:30pm
- End time: 11:00pm
- Supporting an amazing organisation helping sick kids in Sydney
- Working at an exclusive signature charity event
- Working alongside enthusiastic and passionate professionals
- All volunteers will be provided with a meal.