The International Social Media Association, Inc. (ISMA) is the global voice of social media law. ISMA’s mission is to reduce social media risks faced by individuals and businesses through education; harmonization of global laws and policies; and effective dispute resolution solutions.
We are now taking applications for volunteers to join our Australia Policy & Advocacy Group - Future of News and Media Committee in preparing best practice guidelines and white paper. Beyond these tasks, we are looking for ongoing volunteers for community education in this area.
The Future of News & Media Committee is focused on considering the authenticity and influence of communications. This includes analysis of the various global laws, industry codes, and issues such as:
- Misinformation & disinformation
- Journalism digital ethics
- Verification of content
- Global media bargaining codes
- students with legal research skills
- Government and public policy or art students
- Passionate and enthusiastic about creating change