We are looking for someone with a good working knowledge of plants (especially Indigenous plants) and how to grow and care for them. You will be able to attend the centre regularly to ensure that the gardens are cared for.
The Key Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Under the direction Centre staff, dig out existing plants in the garden that are determined to not be suitable
- Along with Centre staff, design a garden plan with plants intended to grow
- Provide the Centre with a list of plants to buy for the garden
- Work on your own or with a team of volunteers to plan out garden
- Maintain garden beds – weeding, pruning, watering
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Ability to teach and/or direct other volunteers or staff members on gardening (if necessary)
- Ability to communicate with others in a pleasant manner
- Knowledge of plants and gardening
- Ability to work in accordance with our values and behaviours
- Good working knowledge of gardening, especially with Indigenous plants
You will also need to ensure that OH&S concerns are looked after, and that you advise centre staff if assistance is needed, or if you are unable to attend.