About the Role A core value of the Salvation Army is to support the basic needs of individuals and communities. The Cafe Assistant is to provide support in the preparation of the meals, beverages and snacks and all associated serving and cleaning responsibilities. Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical.
A typical day will involve preparation for, service to clients and clean up at the end of the day.
Cafe Attendants must be able to work autonomously at times, confident in serving customers and providing a lovely cafe experience for residents, guests and visitors.
Qualifications and experience requirements for the Role
- Experience in customer service desirable.
- Good understanding of hygiene is essential.
- Experience in preparing food and condiments desirable.
Mandatory requirements of the Role
- Complete TSA’s Volunteer Registration,induction modules and any other training as required
- Integrity checks will be a requirement of the role
- Knowledge of work health and safety particularly in a commercial kitchen environment highly regarded.
Roster & time commitment Shifts available Monday, Tuesday and Friday 9:30am-2:30pm; and 9am - 11am on Thursdays. Please advise your availability in your expression of interest. 2-3 days per week is all that is required to make a difference in your community.
This is a vibrant and growing community where people are encouraged and cared for. Come and be a part of something special.
Bring a friend! Multiple positions are available for this role.
In return, you will receive training, and a volunteer role where references will be provided upon request. Other benefits include the opportunity to give back and engage with the good work of The Salvation Army.