Emergency Relief Volunteer
Volunteer for a leading community based organisation making a real difference in the life of families, children and young people.
- Ongoing volunteer roles available, one shift per week: 10am-1pm
- Location: cnr Bellbird Ave & Kings Road, Taylors Lakes
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on the three guiding pillars of Prevent, Protect and Empower.
We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about self-determination, and significant improvements in the life experiences of vulnerable children and families with whom we work.
Anglicare Victoria operates a number of Emergency Relief Programs across metropolitan and regional centres.
The program oversees the assessment and administration of clients experiencing personal crisis or financial hardship, and provides immediate assistance in the form of food and petrol vouchers, food parcels, prescription vouchers, information, advocacy & referrals to other support services.
It is a client facing program with social distancing measures in place, which operates once a week on a Wednesday and is based at St Lukes Church in Taylors Lakes.
We are seeking to recruit a group of community minded people who can assist with a range of roles including:
- Assessment interviews and referral of clients to immediate supports and other community support agencies.
- Greeting clients arriving for appointments and managing ongoing appointments for the following week
- Data entry into Client Management System ( CDS)
- Assisting with onsite Food Distribution Service
- Driving / Jockey to pick up orders from Foodbank in Yarraville.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Ongoing availability on a Wednesday morning between 10am -1pm
- Be warm, friendly and empathetic in nature with genuine interest in supporting people in need
- Be able to lead a conversation with a person experiencing crisis to assess eligibility and provide appropriate support.
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check or be prepared to obtain one
- Willingness to undergo a National Criminal History Check
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
**Volunteering With Us: **
Volunteers are much appreciated and a vital resource to Anglicare Victoria’s Emergency Relief programs.
Anglicare Victoria are leaders in the community sector, offering comprehensive training, support and a culture of inclusivity and resilience.
Our leadership team are passionate about achieving the best possible client outcomes, and as recognised innovators we have received our” Rainbow Tick Accreditation”
All volunteers will be fully trained and Emergency Relief Programs operate within current government Covid-19 Safe guidelines.
**How to Apply: **
Please email Kate.Paterso[email protected] for more a detailed position description and further information.
Anglicare Victoria acknowledges Aboriginal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we operate. We commit to working respectfully to honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connections to this country.
Diversity and inclusivity are important to Anglicare Victoria and we are committed to ensuring our workplace and services reflect this. Everyone is welcome at Anglicare Victoria, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation and physical ability.