Leaders use their leadership skills to assist youth members to develop and implement creative, effective and balanced programs relevant to their needs as they further their understanding and acceptance of the principles of Guiding. In particular they are required:
• To assist youth members to develop and implement creative, effective and well balanced programs relevant to their needs, which further their understanding and acceptance of the principles of Guiding.
• To facilitate self-government in the Unit, enabling decisions to be made in a democratic manner.
• To encourage youth members to progress through the Australian Guide Program and maintain links with other Units.
• To be responsible for the keeping of accurate Unit and financial records and to present the financial records annually for audit.
• To report on Unit activities as required and deal promptly with all correspondence.
• To help other members of Guides Australia understand the principles and methods of Guiding.
• To keep up to date with changes in policy and procedures.
• To understand your responsibility for the health and safety of the girls in your care.
• To work as a member of the District team.
• To promote and maintain Guiding standards within the community.
• To communicate effectively with the parents or guardians of the girls in her Unit.
• To participate in the appraisal process.
• To understand the commitment of Guides Australia to a child safe and child friendly culture.
• To attend District meetings as required.
Volunteer Guide Leaders are valued, supported and recognised for their effort. There are also many personal rewards, including:
- Knowing that you are making a difference to girls' lives
- personal development
- formal training as required
- skill development
- a lot of fun
- you will develop an extensive network of lasting friendships
- you will be making a personal contribution to your community
If this sounds like an opportunity that you would love to be apart of, apply now to start your journey as a Girl Guide Leader at Girl Guides SA.