You will matched with a lovely but very shy young woman who would really like to make a friend around her age. Initially it will just be the two of you going to the shops or for lunch or coffee for an hour and when she is comfortable we will add another client and volunteer to the group. You will take the lead in suggesting and initiating activities whilst being mindful of the other person's comfort. You will foster social inclusion and mentor the participant to develop skills in communication and socialising.
Benefits to you:
- Improve communication and personal skills
- Develop leadership and management qualities
- Increase your confidence and motivation
- Enhance your CV
- Increase your circle of friends
- Fulfilment and personal growth
- Uncover implicit bias (learned subconscious beliefs) and lead a richer life whilst creating a more inclusive society
- Have fun!
If you would like to know more please apply and indicate if you have any specific questions. More information and a full position description will be provided in the initial stages of recruitment.