Lower Chittering Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade is looking for a Volunteer Social Media Coordinator. Join our fun team of friendly committed local residence and work to encourage community participation in Bushfire Prevention, Preparedness, Response and Recovery in our beautiful patch of Chittering. Maintain great relationships on behalf of the brigade with the Shire of Chittering, DFES, schools, clubs, residents and local business to enhance the lifestyle that the Lower Chittering community enjoy.
As the Social Media Coordinator your key responsibilities will be:
- Maintain and develop social media platforms that are used by the brigade, whilst keeping up to date with media platform advancements and implementing them in a way that benefits the brigade and the community it is engaged with.
- Provide feedback to brigade via surveys, open days and community meeting forums.
- To teach, guide and explain to our brigade members how different platforms can enhance the way in which we conduct our volunteering, creating opportunities to get the brigade more engaged and connected with the community.
- To facilitate conversations and provide information to appropriate issues raised on social media.
- Maintain and report on platform suitability for our volunteering needs.
- Liaise and attend meetings or training with DFES & Bushfire Volunteers Media and Volunteering resource functions in an effort to aid development within their field of social media.
- Keep informed of brigade and community relevant knowledge by attending monthly meetings and training as required.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant information to brigade leadership.