Harold Hawthorne Community Centre is a not for profit organisation based in Carlisle within the Town of Victoria Park. We are a vibrant community centre and provider of choice offering services assisting seniors and people with disabilities to continue to live independently in their own home and community. We also offer Independent Retirement Living options for over 55s.
We are seeking a volunteer to assist with facilitating a Book Club.
Tasks may include:
- Under the direction of the Activities Officer, assist with coordination and set up of the planned activity and book discussion items.
- Attend Victoria Park Library to loan and return the chosen book club books.
- Attend the group, welcome new members and facilitate the meeting.
- Ensure and encourage participation of all members to give their review and input in discussion.
- Assist with clean up and pack away, and discuss the plan for the following month.
The approximate time commitment is 12.30pm – 2.30pm monthly, every 4th Wednesday of the Month.
- A satisfactory national police clearance (we can cover the cost of the application)
- A strong commitment to working with older people and people with disabilities
- A caring and compassionate personality with a commitment to enhancing consumers’ independence, dignity and comfort.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and autonomously under minimal supervision.