The Brotherhood of St Laurence Aged Care Social Connections Hubs operate in a number of location across Melbourne. BSL Social Connections Hubs provide a place for members to socialise, take part in activities that focus on wellbeing and connect with community support workers to ensure they are getting the support they need to continue living independently within the community.
The Coolibah Day Centre is a BSL Social Connection Hub located in Fitzroy. The day centre is a friendly and home-like environment for older people living in the Fitzroy area to socialise, partake in in a variety of wellness and reablement activities and liase with community support workers.
In this role, you will assist Coolibah staff to set up the lunch area for members, prepare the meal and clean up after the lunch. This role will involve menu planning and full access to Coolibah’s onsite industrial kitchen.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for someone with:
- Previous experience or knowledge of working in a kitchen environment
- Experience or knowledge of meal planning, preparation and food standards
- Commitment and interest in working with older people from diverse cultural communities
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate and interact well with older people
- Commitment to completing the relevant BSL food handling training
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission, objectives and ongoing development of the program
To learn more, apply now!