Address: Arana Hills Respite - 2 Mitchell St, Arana Hills QLD 4054.
Arana Hills Respite is looking for people interested in spending time helping out in fun activities and outings with our clients that include older persons, those with dementia, and people with special needs. Just a bit of quality time shared can mean so much!
As a Respite Assistant you will be involved in all or some of the following:
- Providing meaningful social interactions and conversations
- Playing and assisting in games
- General assistance in respite programs including art, cooking, exercise, gardening or music
- Administration assistance
- Transporting clients in centre vehicles or helping out on day trips
- Just helping out where needed
- Other skills or interests that you may be interested in sharing with us.
The role of Respite Assistant is suitable for people who have well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills and display a calm, caring and empathetic manner.
It’s a great way to make a difference in the lives of our clients while making friends, having fun and learning new skills.
Shifts are available weekdays - morning, afternoon, or a full day 9am till 4pm.
Arana Hills Respite assists seniors and people living with a disability to take a break from their regular environment, meet new people and have a fun and rewarding experience while still having their care needs met.
Arana Hills Respite is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
For more information on Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!