About Pets of the Homeless
Pets Of The Homeless (POTH) help keep vulnerable people and their pets together by alleviating the burden of providing essential pet care during times of hardship. We believe that the companionship and the therapeutic value of pets is immeasurable and nothing should come between a loving owner and their pet. Not homelessness. Not financial hardship. Not domestic violence. Pets are family – and nothing should stand in the way of that.
About the Role
Pets Of The Homeless (POTH) help keep vulnerable people and their pets together by alleviating the burden of providing essential pet care during times of hardship. POTH runs Victoria’s very first Pet Food Bank from Cheltenham and provides emergency pet food relief to a network of about 50 community partner organisations throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
We are currently seeking a couple of delivery drivers who can volunteer their time on Wednesdays and some Fridays to assist us with this service.
- This role involves heavy lifting and moving of items.
- Loading, transporting and delivering pet food from our warehouse in Cheltenham to our network of community partner organisations in metropolitan as well as regional Victoria.
- Following the routes and time scheduled set by our Pet Food Bank coordinator.
- Assisting our community partner organisations with unloading of the pet food.
- Taking photo of each delivery, preferably with a community partner representative and in front of their signage to assist with our supporter engagement.
- This is a minimum 6 month position and requires a minimum 4 hours per week, on Wednesdays. The hours are between 9am- 4pm and this varies depending on the delivery route on the day. Most shifts are between 4-5 hours long.
Required Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Good social and communication skills
- Ability to follow direction.
- Full licence, with no infringements for the last 5 years.
- Be physically fit and are able to lift up to 12kg loads.
- Have a mobile phone with a camera for photo taking purposes
- Experience with mid-sized van would be beneficial.
- Wear appropriate safety and PPE equipment (provided by Pets of the Homeless) and follow safe lifting guidelines.
- Have an awareness of the services of Pets of the Homeless to the best of your ability.
- Pass a National Police Certificate